User Login Issue

Please post your questions regarding technical support here.

User Login Issue

Postby lasarahliz on Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:32 pm

One of my regular users on my forum hasn't been able to access the forum for a week or so now. She will input her username and password into the login fields, click on login, and then it takes her back to the login page. No error messages. Nothing. I've tested her user permissions and I don't have any trouble accessing the boards. So, after a week of trying everything from emptying her browser's cache and cookies to changing her password, she decided to try registering with a new username and password. She registered and was then immediately taken back to the login page. She tried logging in with this new username and the same thing happened. What else can we investigate? She's been using the forums for just over a month now with no problems, so I'm puzzled as to why she'd be having trouble now.

Thanks!
lasarahliz
Site Admin

Re: User Login Issue

Postby lasarahliz on Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:43 pm

ok, I've sent you the info...
lasarahliz
Site Admin

Postby lasarahliz on Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:24 pm

support_team wrote:Many thanks for your info sent us in a Private Message. We've tested this account and haven't found anything strange. It seems that this account works fine. Maybe, your user should try working in the another one browser. What browser and what version does she use currently?

I'm not sure, but I'll email her and ask her to try a different browser. Thanks.
lasarahliz
Site Admin

Postby wildhorsedesigns on Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:30 pm

I belong to a phpBB forum and 3 months ago started having problems keeping logged on. I have satellite internet for over 2 yrs. This problem started all of a sudden 3 months ago. Whenever I try to post a reply, try to upload image or click on a link to change topics I get logged off and have to log in again. Sometimes it takes me 6-10 times to successfully log in again. I have cleared my cookies and chasche numerous times, contacted my ISP support, rebooted my modem, tried 3 different browsers , turned my firewall off momentarilly. Nothing helps. I have contacted the owner of the forum, who says it is my problem and won't look into it further. I don"t know what else to do. Any suggestions from anyone.???? :?:
wildhorsedesigns

Return to Questions To Support