Deleting offensive posts?

Please post your questions regarding technical support here.

Deleting offensive posts?

Postby fandangoJeff on Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:09 pm

I used the admin panel to delete offensive members and also asked for all their posts to also be deleted. The members went away but not their posts. How do I delete offensive posts? Also.....how do I unlock a locked topic? I have searched the admin panel for both answers to no avail.....
http://howboutafandango.phpbb.net/index.php
fandangoJeff

Re: Deleting offensive posts?

Postby support_team on Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:13 am

All features related with deleting users and posts can be found here: ACP->Users and groups->Manage users. You just find the required user there and delete either the user himself or all his posts, or even both. If you remove a user keeping his posts, you will have to delete them manually if required.

To lock or unlock a topic, it is not necessary to use the ACP, you only need moderator's privileges. You simply enter the required topic and pick the desired action from the list of 'Quick-mod tools' found at the bottom right.
support_team
Site Admin

Postby fandangoJeff on Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:57 pm

Apparently, you did not read my original post. I checked remove all posts when I removed the offensive member. The offensive posts were NOT removed and I can't remove them manually. How do I enable EDIT on all posts?
fandangoJeff

Postby support_team on Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:23 pm

If you have administrative privileges, you can manually delete all posts left by offensive members.
support_team
Site Admin

Postby fandangoJeff on Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:45 pm

Got it ...........Thanks
fandangoJeff

Return to Questions To Support