subscriptions and emails

Please post your questions regarding technical support here.

subscriptions and emails

Postby dunnhenge on Thu May 28, 2009 5:11 am

I administer a phpbb board and i am trying to figure out how to get the subcriptions to work properly.
As the board administrator I have subscribed to all of the 'forums' on the board, however i do not get an email when new topics are posted in those forums or when responses are posted to existing topics.

When i enable the 'Users send e-mail via board:' feature and send an email to admin from a registered user's account, emails are received as expected, so i know that i have my e-mail settings configured properly for the board. I also have 'Enable board-wide e-mails:' enabled.

When I checked the FAQ I found the following entry:

----------------
What is the difference between bookmarking and subscribing?
Bookmarking in phpBB3 is much like bookmarking in your web browser. You aren’t alerted when there’s an update, but you can come back to the topic later. Subscribing, however, will notify you when there is an update to the topic or forum on the board via your preferred method or methods.
----------------

Im not sure if I see where to set my "preferred method or methods," but regardless, I get no PM or anything.

Essentially what I want is to receive an email (to my admin account's address) every time a new post is added. How do I do that? Thanks in advance for any ideas that people may have on this.
dunnhenge

Re: subscriptions and emails

Postby dunnhenge on Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:00 pm

Why can't you just answer my question. I dont really appreciate you going into my system and schanging it and then telling me its fixed. How do I learn anything from that? Is this a legitimate support forum or what?
dunnhenge

Return to Questions To Support